Monday, June 27, 2011

Haiti

I am going to Haiti in January! I am super excited!

Why? I am so glad you asked!

After an F5 tornado hit Joplin, MO (less than an hour from our home) last month, we received a call asking us to take in foster children who were left homeless by the devastating storm. We were not an appropriate fit for any of the placements.

During the last few weeks I have watched strangers, neighbors, and our government come together to rescue Joplin. I am so thankful for the resources we have here in the US to revive ourselves after a disaster.

For some reason the people of Haiti became heavy on my heart. What was it like to be in a country that lacked the resources to respond to the massive earthquake that occurred there in 2010? I started clicking on one thing and then another on the Internet. One place I went was www.visitingorphans.com. A good friend of mine just returned from one of their trips to Africa.

I knew they were a legitimate organization and looked into their work in Haiti. I found a trip that worked well with our lives here in Jenkinsland. Then I began to pray and pray and pray. God presented several confirmations to me that this is what He has for me!

I am anxious to see how this journey unfolds! I invite you to join with me!

As you know these trips are not free. So this is the first of my fundraising pleas. Please consider helping me reach my first goal of $200 by July 15.

Donate securely online here!

Follow my blog to follow me on this journey! Your prayers are much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment