Monday, September 27, 2010

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Recipe

Several of my tweeps asked for this recipe, so wahlah!

Here is the link to the original recipe from Whole Grain Gourmet.

I made some adjustments.
1.) No chocolate chips. Chocolate is sacred. I do not mix it with fruit or veggies. (exception ... chocolate covered strawberries).
2.) I beefed up the spices big time. The whole wheat seems to suck the flavor right out of it!
I added two teaspoons of pumpkin pie seasoning and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Actually that is just a guesstiment. I just kept adding and stirring and tasting until it seemed about right.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT OVERBAKE. It will be dry and nasty. And we just can't have that!

The flavor was wonderful and the bread was super moist. Plus, another way for me to slide whole grains into my family's diet!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment